You are never too young to learn how to manage your money! For nearly 10 years, AmeriChoice Federal Credit Union has taken the initiative to teach today’s youth about their finances with topics including money management skills, the importance of budgeting, and the importance of being responsible with credit.
Among our many financial literacy initiatives, AmeriChoice Federal Credit Union has multiple student branches located in area high schools. Additionally, AmeriChoice visits local schools and teaches students about financial literacy and the importance of saving.
To help the next generation make smart money choices at any age, AmeriChoice’s youth clubs offer a variety of benefits including informational newsletters geared toward their specific age group. Our members age 0-12 are part of our Dollar Dog Kid’s Club, where their mascot, Dollar Dog, helps children make smart money choices! For our older youth members, we have a MyChoice Teen Club for members ages 13-17.
Financial literacy workshops are taught at area school districts throughout South Central Pennsylvania. These lessons range from budgeting and saving to the basics of credit and money management. AmeriChoice also has college-age programs that are focused more heavily on credit and credit scores.
Financial Literacy Resources
Smart About Money
PA Office of Financial Education
- Initiative of the National Endowment for Financial Education
- Facts of Life
- Resource Center
- Quiz yourself – See how much you know
- 10 Basic Steps to Getting Smart About Money
Personal Finance Initiative
- Initiative of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Information and tips on Money Management
- Financial Issues and Topics which affect your daily life
- Useful tools such as calculators
Give Me Twenty
- Initiative of the Credit Union National Association
- Resources for Youth
- Resources for Adults
- Resources for the Underserved
- Statistical Data about Financial Literacy today
Practical Money Skills
- Tips on Financial Literacy per age bracket
- Setting Allowance Limits
- Managing Money
- List of Additional Resources
- At School
- At Home
- At Work