Become a Part of Our Team
At AmeriChoice, we pride ourselves on building the best possible staff of energetic, hardworking, and dedicated individuals. Together, we can build the best possible team to best serve the needs of our members.
Full Time benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid STD, LTD, and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Matched 401k/ROTH Plans
- Paid Holidays
We’re looking for energetic, dedicated individuals to join our team. View the career opportunities below and submit your resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (717)697-3713. EOE.
Member Service Representative
Under general supervision, provides a variety of service functions directly to the members to include accurately processing deposits, transfers, withdrawals, loan payments, certified drafts, money orders, etc. Assists members in setting up new accounts and in making changes to existing accounts. Operates computer terminal to obtain information regarding member’s accounts. Responsible for balancing each day’s transactions and verifying cash totals. Follows security procedures to ensure the credit union’s assets are protected. Proactively markets the credit union’s products and services in order to improve the financial well being of our members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accurate and timely balancing of cash and daily transactions.
- Professional, efficient and courteous service to members in person or by phone.
- Have the ability to cross-sell and refer various products and services to our members.
- Receive members, in person or by phone, determine nature of business, handle request(s), or refer to appropriate department.
- Provide routine information, in person or by phone, concerning credit union services or policy.
- Process member transactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Accurately process and disburse cash or check withdrawals in person, by phone or by mail.
- Receive, and process loan payments in person or by mail; post to proper accounts.
- Prepare and disburse money orders, official checks and certified checks. Maintain inventory, daily settlement and monthly audit.
- Prepare cash and coin for cash delivery.
- Prepare new accounts, change of addresses, and minor maintenance to existing member’s accounts and close accounts.
- Process Visa credit card payments and Visa cash advances by mail or phone.
- Prepare stop payments.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the credit union’s products and services.
- Process and settle the ATM machine. Keep customer area of ATM clean.
- Process transactions and settle the Shared Service Center.
- Order checks through the credit union’s check printer vendor.
- Balance to the terminal teller closing report and account for assigned cash and transactions on a daily basis.
- Audit teller drawer quarterly and vault monthly.
- File currency transaction reports and suspicious activity reports as needed.
- Performs in a professional manner setting the highest possible standard for the Credit Union.
- Maintain Credit Union procedures/policies and member confidentiality.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of computer software programs. Pleasant personality and ability to cross sell credit union products and services.
Previous experience as a teller. Up to one year cash handling experience and customer service experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to count and work with numbers and details effectively.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate orally, in writing, and by phone.
- Ability to effectively work with members (friendliness, tact and diplomacy).
- Ability to work effectively with people.
- Ability to learn, apply and communicate knowledge of teller department policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn, apply knowledge and communicate credit union products and services.
- Ability to discern currency and coin.
- Ability to input and retrieve data from computer.
- Ability to use a calculator.
- Ability to use and learn office machines (i.e., copier, fax, terminals).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work flow
Job requires little physical effort and is basically a desk assignment. Work creates moderate to heavy stress during certain periods. Job does not have specific volume and pace of work standards except that the job includes specific deadlines. Job requires extensive contact with managers, employees, and members on a continual basis. This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors.
Submit resume along with salary requirements to:
AmeriChoice Federal Credit Union
2175 Bumble Bee Hollow Road
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
Business Relationship Specialist
AMERICHOICE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
POSITION: BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP SPECIALIST
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for day-to-day business development and commercial account relationship management functions of the credit union. Successfully prospects for new business and commercial relationships and retains and expands existing member relationships. Acts as the primary contact for community and business outreach for the Credit Union. Visits branches to coach and assist branch representatives in having sales conversations related to business and personal products and services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establishes business relationships in the community through networking interaction (through chambers of commerce, networking groups, community events, etc) to develop lending and deposit business for the credit union.
- Researches local businesses, connects with business owners through multiple channels (phone, blitzing, email, LinkedIn) and set appointments to discuss how their business needs align with AmeriChoice offerings. Keep ongoing database of leads to work until they are closed.
- Meets with local business prospects and existing commercial members regularly, profiles their business and creates proposals to recommend business products and services tailored to them, including employee financial literacy and employee account relationships.
- Under supervision, manages Benefits Plus Business Partners Program, regularly adding new businesses.
- Under supervision, manages OnSpot Lending Program, adding new businesses to grow the program.
- Under supervision, provides financial literacy seminars to businesses, schools and other local organizations. Manages program to include regular follow up, tabling events, and subsequent seminars for the business.
- Establish a database of local businesses that have unique employee programs with AmeriChoice, visit these businesses to speak with employees on a regular basis.
- Establish Center of Influence (COI) relationships with local accountants, attorneys, auto dealerships and business leaders who can send regular referrals of quality business to AmeriChoice.
- Works with branch Assistant Managers to grow business through branch referrals. Manages leads from branches and provides regular feedback on communication status.
- Under supervision, works with branch representatives to coach them on sales conversations related to both business and personal products.
- Travel on a regular basis to visit potential and existing business members to ensure level of service meets Credit Union’s quality service standard.
- Serve as the Credit Union’s primary contact for commercial business development.
- Establish and maintain involvement in local community efforts. Promote the Credit Union through visible participation in business, community and charitable organizations and activities.
- Maintain a current understanding of all lending regulations and comply with policies and regulations. Maintain a thorough knowledge of state and federal laws related to commercial lending, including any federal or state reporting requirements.
- Maintain member confidentiality.
- Performs in an extremely professional manner setting the highest possible image for the credit union.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Credit Union products and services and be knowledgeable of competitor’s services.
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated financial skills. Must be able to analyze business and financial statements and assess the viability of businesses.
- Possesses and exhibits a consistent professional manner and demeanor.
- Working knowledge of PC software programs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate on-site visits and other related functions that may take place outside normal working hours.
- Proficient at public speaking.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured. Must provide own transportation.
- Must be registered with NMLS (Navigation Guide Federal Registry).
- Prior working experience in the business development/marketing area of a financial institution.
- Prior experience selling financial products and services.
- Prior Credit Union and/or banking experience.
Job requires some physical effort. Local travel to contacts is required. Work creates moderate to heavy stress during certain periods. Job does not have specific volume and pace of work standards except that the job includes specific deadlines. Job requires extensive contact with managers, employees, members, outside companies and vendors on a continual basis. This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, driving, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
This job description is not intended to be, nor should be construed as a contract for employment. AFCU makes no guarantee of permanent employment. This job description is to be used as a guideline to give the employee an understanding of what the Credit Union has defined this position to be.
AFCU is willing to accommodate disabilities to the extent a financial services organization can without impacting financial control or member service. AFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.